Thank you for your interest in serving as a counselor for the Connecticut Burns Care Foundation’s Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp.
The 2017 Camp dates will be July 16-23, 2017. All counselors must report to the camp by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 15th for orientation and remain at the camp all week until the campers depart on Sunday afternoon, July 23rd.
All individuals interested in participating must be at least 21 years of age. Fully complete the enclosed application and submit it to the Connecticut Burns Care Foundation, Burn Camp Selection Committee, 601 Boston Post Road, Milford, CT 06460. The deadline for the receipt of all applications for the Children’s Burn Camp is May 2, 2017.
Please note the following:
- Only fully completed applications are reviewed by the selection committee.
- By applying, you do not automatically qualify for acceptance as a counselor in the camp. The selection of counselors is determined by our selection committee.
- Submit three letters of recommendation with your application.
- A background check will be completed on you as part of the application process.
- Every counselor must submit a copy of his/her physical exam (the exam must have been completed within the last three years) using the special state required physical exam form in the application packet. No other form can be accepted.
- The Director of the Camp asks that each counselor make every effort to participate in a few scheduled work parties to help prepare for the opening and closing of the camp.
- All counselors serve on a volunteer basis.
We thank you in advance for your willingness to serve as one of our counselors. Thank you for helping to make a difference for our kids.
An online form will be available soon – in the meantime please download the New Counselor Application to mail in upon completion.
If you would like to be a Counselor-in-Training (CIT), please fill out the CIT Application.