Thank you for your interest in applying for the CIT/CITXchange Program for the Connecticut Burns Care Foundation’s Arthur C. Luf Children’s Burn Camp. The camp in 2017 will be held from July 16th-July 23rd. All counselors must report to the camp by 10:00am on Saturday, July 15th for orientation and remain at the camp all week until the campers depart on Sunday afternoon, July 23rd.
You must fully complete the following online application by May 1, 2017.
Please note the following:
- Only fully completed applications are reviewed by the selection committee
- Acceptance of applicants into the CIT program will be determined by the Camp Director and the CIT Director. The number of CITs accepted to camp will depend on the staffing needs of the camp. Acceptance of applicants into the CITXhange program will be determined by the Camp Director, the CIT Director and a board member designee.
- You must submit three letters of recommendation with your application (you may upload them within the online form). One of the letters of recommendation must be from a former counselor at the camp the CIT participated in.
- A statement essay must be completed by each applicant speaking to their goals in participating in the CIT program, what they gained from their own camp experience, and how they plan to use what they learn at camp in their future.
- A background check will be completed on you as part of the application process.
- Every counselor must submit a copy of his/her physical exam (the exam must have been completed within the last three years) using the special state-required physical exam form that you may download here. No other form can be accepted.
- Once the applications have been reviewed, candidates will be required to participate in a phone interview with the CIT director and/or representative from the camp management team.
- The Director of the Camp requires that each counselor make every effort to participate in a few scheduled work parties to help prepare for the opening and closing of the camp.
- All counselors serve on a volunteer basis.
- Only one member of any immediate family shall be a counselor or staffer at any given time.
We thank you in advance for your willingness to serve as one of our counselors. Thank you for helping to make a difference for our kids!